Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dassai Premium Sake at Japan Food Town, Singapore

Dassai Tasting Set 1 with Shiroebi

If it wasn't obvious already, I'm going through each of the different shops at Wisma Atria's Japan Food Town to see what's good and what's not. I wasn't even that hungry today, as I had a very big breakfast. So what better time then to try out the sake bar in the corner, which is actually only here for six months before a more permanent shop takes over (435 Orchard Road #04-52, 6262-3465).

Now, I hardly know anything about sake. So paying more for the premium stuff would've been a waste on me. But I got some of the cheaper 50% and 39% versions (the number refers to the percentage of each grain of rice that remains after polishing). Their delicately sweet tastes suited me just fine.

In terms of snacks, I got things like a shiroebi topped with salty fish guts. And yes, it washed down well with some sake (it sure beats bar nuts). Interestingly, they said they're going to be starting lunch soon, perhaps in partnership with Sushi Ichi at the Marriott across the street. Didn't that place just win a Michelin star this week?

No comments: