Thursday, March 31, 2016

The An the Go Truck at Off the Grid in San Francisco

Garlic Noodles

There's a Vietnamese-American place in San Francisco called Crustacean that is famous for some kind of garlicky noodles. I've been meaning to try it for some time, but never got around to it. Fortunately, they started a food truck that just happened to be at the UN Plaza setup of Off the Grid today. And the main thing that they were selling was garlic noodles.

It's overrated. Sure, it's tasty, and I'm sure that it would taste like heaven when you're drunk. But it wasn't much more than just finely minced garlic and butter on noodles; I almost could have made that myself if I wanted to. Apparently they also have a crab that folks rave about too, but if it's just garlic and butter too, then I'm not going to bother with it.

No comments: