Monday, February 22, 2016

A Catalan Meal Catered by Michelin-Starred Chefs

Shrimp Marinated in Rice Vinegar

That's kind of a lousy photo above, but I had to put it up here. Why? Because this was a meal catered by the Roca brothers from Girona. Yep, the ones behind El Celler de Can Roca, the three Michelin-starred Catalan place that was also named best restaurant in the world by Restaurant magazine. Our hosts tonight were so gracious as to treat us to what was surely going to be an amazing wine-paired meal.

That prawn dish above was my favorite of them all, especially with its "juice of the head, legs of crispy head, velouté of algae and phytoplankton." I nearly put that fine porcelain up to my face so just so that I could lick off all of that awesome headfat, lest any of it accidentally not get eaten. Other highlights included a wonderfully cooked sea bass as well as suckling pig, as well as some kind of perfume to go with our desserts. Nice.

No comments: