Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hong Kong Wonton Noodle at Plaza Singapura

Wonton Noodles

I wasn't expecting much from this place. On the surface, this generically-named shop from the guys behind Itacho Sushi and Gen Yakitori just seemed to be piggybacking off of the launch of Mak's in Singapore. Still, I was at Plaza Singapura this morning and needed some food, so I headed downstairs to see if it were any good (68 Orchard Road #B2-25, 6694-0923).

It was much better than I thought it would be. The noodles were firm and eggy, and it was all seasoned just right. The prawns inside those wantons were not as fragrant as they could be, but even Mak's Singapore could't get it right either. Yes, I'll come here again as a convenient alternative to Mak's, and I will try to make more use of that delightfully spicy chili sauce next time too.

No comments: