Thursday, July 09, 2015

The Salute Coffeshop at 119 Bukit Merah Lane 1

Duck Rillette

I was in the vicinity of Queenstown and IKEA tonight and needed some food, so I figured I'd hop over to that "fancy hawker center" (at least, that's what I call it) on the other corner. See, this is a kopitiam, but adorned with checkered tablecloths and filled with upscale-looking stalls serving everything from French and German food to seafood and burgers. It almost reminded me of what one might find at a food truck park in Austin. I grabbed the rillettes above from Immanuel French Kitchen, which did the job.

Four Wings from Two Wings

But the main thing that I wanted to try this time was a chicken wing shop called Two Wings, especially since the wait was too long last time I was here. It still wasn't very quick tonight since they fried to order, but after finally trying it, I can see why people like this place. They cooked it nicely, leaving it light and crispy without being greasy, and there was even a hint of sesame oil in the batter if I tasted it correctly. I won't come back for it, but at least I've tried it now.

No comments: