Monday, June 22, 2015

Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen in Singapore

Risotto

I'm actually not that big of a fan of Gordon Ramsay's food. I love his personality on TV, but I could never quite get into his food, as it is so delicate that it never quite a memorable edge to it. Still, I was at Marina Bay Sands last week, and his picture was everywhere, with a phone number underneath inviting you to make a reservation. To my surprise, I could get one just four days after the grand opening, so this was my lunch today (2 Bayfront Avenue #01-81, 6688-5665).

It was better than I thought it would be. I went for my two usual Ramsay items (because he keeps slamming contestants on Hell's Kitchen for screwing them up): scallops and risotto. They were both done just right, but more importantly, they were actually garnished with elements that made them memorable, like those smoky grilled asparagus spears above, or some julienne apples on my scallops, providing a nice contrast with everything else. Apparently he is in town today too, but I didn't see him.

No comments: