Saturday, April 25, 2015

London's Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant in Singapore

Bayswater Duck

I didn't really need more food. But since I was at Capitol Piazza already, I went upstairs to take a look at that Four Seasons place to see what all of the fuss was about (13 Stamford Road #02-27, 6702-1838). To be clear, this wasn't the Four Seasons Hotel, but rather the new outlet of that famous Bayswater duck place in London that has been mentioned in comments on at least three separate occasions.

To my surprise, the place was pretty empty, so I figured that I might as well try it before lines start forming later. The duck itself was a letdown. Yes, there was tasty fat in there, but nothing as mindblowing as those reader comments made it out to be. I can only assume that this was because the ducks were sourced from a different supplier out here?

What was much more impressive was that dark thin juice that was sitting at the bottom: the blend of herbs was perfectly balanced. Another huge bonus: they carved the meat so that there were no annoying bone fragments...yaaayyyy!! For those two reasons, I'd be willing to come back here...and perhaps try that roasted pork with rice dish that I saw too. But I won't wait in line for it.

No comments: