Monday, April 13, 2015

Brothers Ramen at International Plaza, Singapore

Brothers Ramen

I tried these guys four years ago when they were still running that oddly named Homebaked Dough place at Tanjong Pagar Plaza, but I guess I didn't feel strongly enough about it at that time to write about it. Still, they've since gotten some new digs at International Plaza (10 Anson Road #01-20, 9437-7267), so I stopped by to see what it was like.

It was definitely a much nicer place than before; nicely decorated, air conditioned, and with lots of seating. They used a machine at the front of the shop for ordering; not the push-button kind that you see in Japan, but an LCD-based pictorial one complete with a NETS machine that took a frustrating amount of time to process payments. But it eventually worked.

Anyway, it was better than I remembered it, with those homemade noodles cooked firmly, and the broth being reasonably smooth. The lean meat was a bore, but at least it wasn't sweet like Kanshouku's (and the blazing hot chili powder helped make up for it). Maybe one day I'll come back for dinner; they serve gyoza at that time.

No comments: