Thursday, February 12, 2015

Marhaba Restaurant at Publika Solaris, Kuala Lumpur

Lamb Hanith

I was really looking forward to this place. Not only had a client recommended it as one of his favorite places to eat at in KL, but also I had very fond memories of Yemeni food on my last trip to Dubai. So the entire team came out here for dinner tonight (D1-G4-1, No 1 Jalan Dutamas, +603–6207-8222).

Sure, the food was good, as we cleared out everything that we ordered, including that fatty lamb hanith above, as well as a salty saltah fahsah in a hot stone pot, all with a gigantic sesame-covered mulauwah flat bread. Fortunately, they also provided some of that Mexican salsa-like sauce that I loved so much from Dubai.

But alas, I think I ordered the wrong thing when it came to the chicken mandi. In retrospect, I think I should have ordered the grilled chicken mazbi instead of the steamed chicken mandi. And ultimately, this is why I left disappointed. I guess that means that I'll have to make another visit then.

No comments: