Sunday, February 08, 2015

Korea's Chir Chir Fusion Chicken Factory in Singapore

Chicken Tenders

This chain from Korea has opened up on the former grounds of Ramen Play at 313@Somerset (313 Orchard Road #B3-04). Somehow fried chicken and beer sounded good today, especially if they made it spicy sans sauce like the way Guksu did. Fortunately, they did have a naked version. The batter wasn't spicy like Guksu's, but nonetheless the chicken was tender and the batter was light and airy.

Indeed, I found myself wolfing down this stuff due to that spicy yellow sauce on the side. It took me a few minutes before it dawned on me why I liked it so much: it was basically the same taste as the hot mustard sauce that you get at McDonald's with your Chicken McNuggets! Haha. Well, whatever works!

So what was "fusion" about this place? Do you see my beer in the background? That white stuff was not the head of the beer. That's whipped cream (!). Yep, they put whipped cream on some of the chicken dishes too, and it tasted as strange as it sounded. The whipped cream in fact stayed distinctly separate from the beer, thus adding nothing to it aside it from literally getting in my face. Next time I'll just ask for straight beer.

No comments: