Monday, December 15, 2014

Cook's Seafood Restaurant in Menlo Park

Fish and Chips

This was a totally random stop. I was originally en route to a food truck when I saw this place (751 El Camino Real, 650-325-0604). Not only did the food sound more interesting here, but having indoor seating sounded more appealing during today's rain. And the good thing was that it all came out piping hot, making it easy to eat, especially with that rich tartar sauce.

In retrospect though, I should have opted for the priciest off-menu local halibut rather than the cheapest Atlantic cod above. And I wasn't a huge fan of their celery seed-less cole slaw. But I'll still come back if I'm in the neighborhood again. (Side note: they were charging $10.99/lb for dungeness crab next door, just to put that Whole Foods sale into perspective.)

No comments: