Monday, June 09, 2014

Harry’s Café de Wheels in Woolloomooloo

Harry's Tiger

I know, it sounds rather clichéd to be going out to Woolloomooloo for a pie at Harry's after getting into Sydney (Corner Cowper Wharf Roadway & Brougham Road, 9357-3074). But it's a public holiday down here today, and there isn't much around that is still serving food. So I quickly popped over here and grabbed a curry chicken pie done "Tiger" style, or topped with mushy peas, mash, and gravy.

It tasted like it sounded, but at least the curry was spicier than I thought it would be, and the crust was lighter than I can recall it being too (then again, the last time I was here was over ten years ago, and after quite a bit of alcohol at that). I still needed some more food, so I also got a pastie, which similarly wasn't anything to flip out over, but the warm filling was kinda nice to have on a cool damp evening like tonight.

No comments: