Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fortune of War Hotel in Sydney, Australia

Kangaroo Burger

We weren't originally intending to come here. But a local friend of mine mentioned in passing on the way to the Rocks that this place (137 George Street, 9247-2714) was supposed to be Sydney's oldest pub, and the kangaroo burger caught my eye. OK, it was touristy, but what the heck, I'm not local! We went in for a couple pints and a taste of the kangaroo burger.

I didn't like it. It was waaaaay too lean to be anything exciting...I almost felt like I was just chewing on flesh for the sake of it. In that sense, it kinda reminded me of that camel burger in Dubai; sure, it was an exotic meat, but was it really anything to get cravings for? No. I liked the beer at least, as well as the awesome brews at the Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel that we eventually made it to.

No comments: