Monday, June 23, 2014

Bak Kut Teh on EVA Air

Bak Kut Teh

EVA Air was offering a few local dishes out of Singapore today, including chicken rice as well as that bak kut teh above. OK it wasn't completely local. There were some Chinese herbs in this thing, making it closer to a Malaysian style. But the meat was still tender enough to eat this small portion easily. That Royal Laurel class of theirs also came with plenty of space for me to sprawl my stuff out, even if the seat cushions were uncomfortably firm.

More importantly, I'm really liking the timing of these EVA Air flights to the US, as you don't have to wake up at such a God-awful hour like one would have to do on United or ANA. Now, I'm sure that United does that because they usually are trying to get you to some connecting domestic flight later, but I'm staying on the West Coast, so this time suits me just fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

did you use miles to upgrade or the ticket you had was already a business class one?

bma said...

Already business class