Monday, June 02, 2014

A Mollete from Tortas Frontera at O'Hare

Tres Quesos Mollete

Guess what? Rick Bayless was a fellow passenger on my flight out of Mexico City this morning! I didn't even realize it until landing, but of any celebrity that you might find on a flight going from Mexico to Chicago, I guess that he would make the most sense, right? I should have gotten some tips from him on where to eat down there.

Being a bit starstruck, I swung over to his shop near the B-gates before heading to my connecting flight, even though I didn't have much time. And for that reason, I only got this mollete rather than a torta, as the latter would have meant waiting for them to grill it to order, whereas the former was already sitting in a glass case under a heat lamp, ready to eat.

I have to admit that I wasn't super excited about this when I ate it though. It's not like it was bad, but it kinda tasted like a pizza with all of the cheese and sundried tomatoes on top. Next time, I'll try the bacon version that I saw on the menu. And no, I did not see Rick at the restaurant later, in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

was Lanie with him?

bma said...

I don't think so. In fact, I think I saw a tweet from him just after we landed congratulating her on some chilaquiles that she made or something.

I'm not a stalker, BTW. Just a bit starstruck. :)