Sunday, April 13, 2014

Retiring the Old Masthead and Design

Old Masthead

Yes, I've finally refreshed the masthead and design; I've been meaning to retire this old one for a long time. Not only has the United logo long since changed, but who the heck still uses terms like "moblog" and "cameraphone"? The mobile version of the template wasn't very pretty either. Admittedly, the new masthead wasn't exactly the way that I had envisioned it, but I suppose that it will work for now. (And yes, the United lounge's Bloody Mary totally hit the spot after those hot dogs in Denver.)

I was also eager to finally get away from the British spelling of the word "travelling." See, I used to subscribe to Business Traveller magazine, which in Asia is published out of Hong Kong, and hence uses British English. Seeing two L's on the cover of each month's issue must have entered my head through osmosis, and somehow I subconsciously used the same spelling when creating the name of this blog many years ago. But I use American English when I write, so I'm finally aligning it now for consistency's sake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice uplift! Been following your blog since your cameraphone days. Love your passion for food and your unique way of blogging about the food you eat. Truly admire and borderline envious of all the amazing foodies you eat from all your travel escapades! :) keep on foodieventuring!

Janalin said...

cool new look, font and everything. Esp love the picture with the sunny facade and the drink look yummy! Still your biggest fan and tuning in to your awesome food blog (both local and overseas) religiously. I literally live vicariously thru your mexican reviews since there is a severe lacking of this cuisine here in singapore. Hey, was wondering if you are gonna check out The Beast (i think it's near arab street and haji lane....if im not wrong, jalan kelapa). Seems like the owner/chef is cooking up some good ol southern (comfort) food...it's back to the bayou baby.....

alexchan928 said...

I didn't even notice your banner was changed, until I saw this post! Anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog. I am also a Chinese American working/living in Singapore. Your food blog has always inspired me to explore around for some good eats! Keep it up man!