Thursday, November 28, 2013

Australia's Guzman Y Gomez in Singapore

Cheese Quesadillas

When I first heard about this place (12 Marina View #02-11, 8598-6377), I didn't think much of it, as it was a Mexican chain from Australia that I assumed would more Tex-Mex rather than Mexican. Indeed, when I got there today, the menu was not that different from that American chain Chipotle: choose your protein as well as whether you want it in burrito, hard taco, soft taco, salad, or rice bowl form. I'm not a big fan of Chipotle, so I thus went for the thing that seemed to be the least Chipotle-like that I could find: a vegetarian quesadilla.

The good thing was that it was better than I thought it would be, especially since they had a habanero sauce available (not to mention bottles of Jarritos!). All the same, that sauce was a bit sweet, and the coarsely cut veggies in this thing were rather off-putting too. So while it was definitely better than Chipotle, I won't exactly be making an effort to come back here. Nonetheless, it was interesting to see that Ippudo has opened a stall at the food court here at Asia Square too.

No comments: