Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Kaixo in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Pinxtos

This is a place that I'd wanted to come down to for a while now (96 Tanjong Pagar Road, 6225-0545), but was waiting for an opportunity to go with a Basque friend. That opportunity never happened, and since I was on my own for dinner tonight, I figured that I'd stop here for a bite before heading home.

It was generally better than I thought it would be, particularly in terms of the quality and freshness of the ingredients. A squid and egg special on the board was my favorite, while the pintxos above were surprisingly affordable at only S$12 (US$9.50) for three. Unfortunately, the pan con tomate featured a disappointingly tasteless olive oil. I think I've been spoiled by Catalunya.

Anyway, the place was fun and the quality of the ingredients were good. But none of that (aside from maybe that squid and egg special) was anything that I'm going to get cravings for. In that sense, I guess it will just be a place for a snack when it's convenient.

No comments: