Friday, March 08, 2013

Kelly's Roast Beef in Massachusetts

Small Roast Beef Sandwich

No, I wasn't anywhere near hungry after those last two meals. But on the way back to the airport I noticed that there was this outlet of Kelly's Roast Beef, which I wanted to try as apparently roast beef sandwiches were popular in the Boston area.

To my surprise though, this place lets you dress it however you want. I had thought that there was going to be a distinct local style defined by a sweet sauce and onions or something, but here it was an open slate. I went for just some horseradish and greens. I wasn't going to eat it all anyway; I just wanted a taste.

I liked it. In fact, I liked it so much that I was surprised that I finished the entire thing, despite being completely stuffed from those meals prior (BTW, that's a *small* size!). The beef was moist and tasty, the bun was toasted just right, and the horseradish gave it a fresh kick. As much as I have a guilty pleasure for that processed stuff from Arby's, this place was clearly more of the real deal.

No comments: