Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Steamers from Boston's Legal Sea Foods

Steamers

I actually had dinner already. But I knew that an outlet of this chain from across Boston was still open and walkable from the hotel, even if in freezing weather with gusts that nearly knocked me off of my feet. Nonetheless, I pulled myself up to the bar, grabbing a local ale together with a cup of chowder as well as these steamed clams. It was my version of dessert.

And yet, it was only after I ordered them did I realize that I never really liked these local New England steamers, mainly because those long siphons were so darned gritty compared to the tastier Manila clams that I'm used to from the West Coast. Oh well...I guess it's obligatory to go to Legal when one is in Boston, even if it is a bit touristy.

No comments: