Friday, March 08, 2013

Hunting Down Boston Baked Beans

Boston Baked Beans

I am so ashamed of having eaten at this place that I'm not even going mention its name (but if you look closely, you can see a small logo on the placemat). I might as well have bought a T-shirt and hat from the souvenir shop and then gone to look for an outlet of Bubba Gump's afterwards.

Actually, I originally came down to Faneuil Hall to try out Durgin-Park, a very old place that *is* known for baked beans (this is Beantown after all, right?). But for some reason, it was totally shut down this afternoon, forcing me to walk around Quincy Market to find something else to eat. And I think I just got so fed up with how touristy everything was that I gave in, hopelessly sitting down at the one place that just epitomized it all. Well, I suppose that you could argue that it was local.

Anyway, the beans pretty much tasted like they looked, and admittedly was edible enough that I finished it all. I don't know if it was that different from what one could get out of a can, but at least I was able to wash it down with a decent draft beer that was brewed in nearby Framingham.