Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mojo Potatoes from Shakey's Singapore

Mojo Potatoes

Ever since I noticed that Shakey's had opened at Liang Court (177 River Valley Rd #02-32), I couldn't shake (no pun intended) the thought of those darned Mojo potatoes. So a few of us came down here from the office for lunch today, in large part out of sheer amusement and nostalgia.

Now, the Mojo potatoes that have been burned into my memory were half-cold and half-soggy pieces of thickly cut potato, and that was probably because we let them sit around too long at the time. Today's Mojo potatoes, however, were scorching hot, crispy, and thinly sliced. One might think that those are good qualities, but somehow I was hoping for the nastiness that I remembered from back in school.

That aside, the pizza was surprisingly better than I thought it would be, with a pleasantly thin crust that I don't really remember having before. Of course, it's multiple levels down from Mozza nor L'Operetta, but it sure beats Pizza Hut and Domino's. I'll skip the chicken next time though...those things were totally dried out.

No comments: