Sunday, December 09, 2012

Peruvian Chicken from El Pollo Rico

1/4 Dark Chicken

Not to be confused with El Pollo Loco, this was a place that I wanted to go to on my last layover in the Washington, D.C. area (especially given their sky high Zagat ratings), but I didn't have time. Thus, I made this my first stop on my way out of Dulles today. And unfortunately, I think the Zagat ratings blew my expectations out of proportion.

I mean, sure, the cumin-based rub was very unique...and distinct enough from other Latin American chicken. That green sauce on the side was pretty darned spicy too. But the chicken itself was rather dry, thus leaving me a bit unsatisfied as I left the place. I seemed to have gotten more excited about the beans instead (yum!), as well as maybe that purple corn-based chicha morada drink.

No comments: