Monday, November 12, 2012

Pho Tau Bay in San Jose, California

Phở Tai Sach

I wasn't really in the mood for Vietnamese food tonight. After all, there seemed like so many good Mexican places not far from the hotel that I could have gone to. But I'm starting to come down with a cold, and I figured that perhaps one of the best remedies I could get to fight that was a piping hot bowl of phở. I had heard of this small local chain before, and so I came down to an outlet of theirs to try it out.

Unfortunately, it was a letdown. Maybe it was just because my taste buds aren't working 100% right now, but man, that broth was bland. Granted, the ingredients they used were pretty fresh, but I won't be getting any cravings for this place. At least it's good to see that they are open from 8 AM to midnight though; that might come in handy one of these days.

1 comment:

JadedOne said...

Yay you're back! OK, since it's highly unlikely that you've had Somalian food, you should check out Jubba Restaurant. It's located at the Chynoweth VTA station. Can't wait to see if you try and like it :) I recommend the Chicken Suquaar with rice. The pale green hot sauce they have should clear out your sinuses.