Monday, October 22, 2012

Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru at Liang Court

Squid Sushi with Liver

A new sushi place has opened up at the basement of Liang Court where Yu Sai Shoku used to be (117 River Valley Road #B1-48, 6337-1022). At a quick glance from the outside, I wasn't expecting much. After all, the former sushi place next door wasn't anything great, and these guys were using conveyor belts, which in Singapore at least is typically used by terrible places like Sakae Sushi and Ichiban Boshi (ugh!!).

But when I sat down and saw what they had to offer, I suddenly said to myself, "Oh my God, this is actually real sushi!" There was a surprisingly wide selection of proper fish, including a range of fresh specials; you weren't going to find any lame California rolls here. Of course, it wasn't high-end either, but it was good enough that I'll be back here regularly, especially since I could sit down, eat, and pay, all in less than ten minutes. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bma, have you heard of Omakase Burger in Singapore? Some reviews are touting it as being up there with the likes of Shake Shack and In-N-Out. The place is located at Turf City (aka the old Turf Club in Bukit Timah). Really interested to hear your thoughts on this!