Monday, June 02, 2008

Negi Oroshi Katsu from Yu Sai Shoku

Negi Oroshi Katsu

It looks like the folks at Ichiban Tei have set up shop at Tomton's old Liang Court location (177 River Valley Road #B1-50, 6338-0393). And in Ichiban Tei-like fashion, they dump at least three or four gigantic laminated menus on your table as if they were all from separate restaurants. Fortunately, one of those menus was new to me, and it specialized in tonkatsu.

One thing in particular on that menu caught my eye: the negi oroshi katsu. There was no way that this daikon and scallion lover was going to refuse anything loaded up like that, even if it made the katsu coating a bit soggy. Heck, I probably could have eaten the daikon straight without the pork; I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the latter anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a somewhat ok experience at their previous location at robertson quay before, so I figured I'd go and check it out at Liang court.

The Air-conditioning wasn't working, the mapo tofu had grit throughout as an ingredient, the omelette rice had bits of shells as a feature and the ice water had a cockroach instead as lemon for flavouring.

I've sworn off the place and so have everyone else I told about my experience there.