Friday, August 31, 2012

My First Cannned Spanish Seafood

Pulpo en Aciete de Oliva...in a can

Have you ever watched some of those travel shows where they go to tapas bars in Spain and amusingly, they get served expensive seafood out of a can because it strangely tastes *better* that way? I'd always been rather curious since that time, and I noticed that the Four Seasons Gourmet Market at Marina Bay Link Mall had some canned seafood from Spain that were selling up to a whopping S$70 (US$56).

They were sold of of those when I went there earlier this week, but they did have this little S$20 (US$16) can of octopus. As expensive as it sounded, this was delicious. It was tender, savory, and just made me want to eat more. Granted, I'm not exactly a pulpo expert, but I liked it enough that I'd be willing to pay that kind of money for a can of seafood again. One of these days I need to get back to Spain to try more.

No comments: