Monday, April 09, 2012

Sanjeev Kapoor on SQ Business Class

Awadhi jheenghey, bhien palak, rajimah anardana, and zaitoomi pulao

That meal may look rather sloppily put together, but that wasn't SQ's fault. If anything, it was great that they were able to accommodate my special request to wait to serve my meal until 30 minutes before landing...and an express version at that without any starter nor dessert. Why? This was a redeye flight to Delhi, and I needed as much sleep as I could get, seeing that it was only a five hour flight (meaning only about 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep...sometimes you just wish flights were a little longer!) before a full day of meetings ahead. Anyway, this guy is one of the celebrity chefs on SQ's International Culinary Panel. The saffron prawns in particular were fresh, while the kidney beans as well as lotus stems with spinach all helped the rice go down.

What was perhaps more interesting to me were the business class seats (I upgraded with miles given that I was taking redeyes both in and out), which were not the gigantic lounges that I got last time, nor the old school blue recliner seats. These were not the purple SpaceBeds either, so I guess this was their replacement of those, especially seeing that the lie flat seats were still on an incline. Worse, my seat was broken so I didn't even get to recline (and hence sleep properly) at first, although I moved to another seat that eventually flattened halfway into the flight. Is it just my bad luck, or is a lot of equipment on SQ in need of repair lately?

No comments: