Saturday, April 21, 2012

One on the Bund, Singapore

Pan Fried Dumplings

This place is delicious. Indeed, I was so impressed after a couple of business meals here over the past year or two that I knew that I had to come here again on my own time (80 Collyer Quay, 6221-0004). The problem though is that it's at the upscale Fullerton Bay Hotel, which makes it rather pricey too. Hence, we came down here for dim sum today, which, at around S$8 (US$6.40) a plate, wasn't cheap either. But at least it was a bit more sensible than paying for their regular menu, which features things like Sichuan saliva chicken for a whopping S$32 (US$25).

Either way, the food is fantastic. I gobbled every morsel up with ease, especially with that Cantonese chili oil. The chicken soup in particular was savory, fragrant, and refreshing. And while the prices are high, at least one gets a great view of the Marina Bay Sands as well as very attentive and competent service. I'll bet you that a good part of the price also goes to feeding the huge electricity bill that they must be getting for keeping those high vaulted ceilings of Clifford Pier cool too. One of these days I'll have to come here for that Peking Duck given how much the wood burning oven's aroma pervades the restaurant.

No comments: