Friday, April 06, 2012

KFC's Bandito Pockett and Egg Tart

Bandito Pockett and Egg Tart

KFC Singapore has probably offered these things for a while now, but I hardly go into KFC, so this is my first time with them. Yes, that is indeed a pocket with two "T's," making you wonder if the marketing lead might have had an affinity for a certain glam rock drummer. Either way, it was pretty nasty: just a piece of boneless fried chicken shoved into a wrap with some kind of sauce.

The Portuguese egg tart, on the other hand, was a surprise. It was light, flaky, and buttery - so much that I gobbled it up in seconds. No, of course it couldn't compare to Lord Stow's, but hey, considering that this was from a fast food chain, it was a lot better than I had thought it would be. I'm not sure what a colonel from the South was doing in Macau though. Mexico might be understandable, but Macau?

No comments: