Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Toss! at Tiong Bahru Plaza

Sichuan Salad

Chris Rock would have a field day with a name like this. Anyway, yes, I came down here (302 Tiong Bahru Road #01-02, 6271-1309) because I saw the writeup in the Sunday Times today, as the idea of a Sichuan salad piqued my curiosity.

As you can see from the photo above though, this is hardly what you'd call a salad. In fact, it's basically just a bunch of your standard cold appetizers from Northern/Central China like kelp, tofu skin, and flat noodles but, well, tossed together.

I mean, sure, it tasted fine enough that I'd eat it again, especially if it saves me the hassle of having to go to Geylang. But "healthy" is hardly the word I would use to describe this stuff, considering how much salt and oil go into Sichuan food.

No comments: