Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Kao Tian Xia BBQ World in Geylang

Corn and Lamb Skewers

A comment was posted this afternoon with a suggestion to give this place a try (196A Geylang Road, 8401-1318). The thought must have stuck, since Xinjiang skewers were the first thing that came to mind when I was trying to figure out what to eat for dinner.

The good thing was that it was pretty much what I expected: heavily salted (anything less would not have been authentic). But that also made me realize that I've lost my taste for this stuff. It was too much for me, especially when the lamb meat was a bit dry and tough too. I ended up leaving some of my food uneaten.

Well, at least it was a new place, and it was interesting to see them do all sorts of vegetables on a skewer. They also had some drinks from China in the fridge, including a haw nectar and some brand of beer that I'd never seen before. I seem to recall liking LDM's skewers more, but these days I suspect that I'd probably find it too salty too.

1 comment:

vuvie said...

Love your blog. Love to eat. Wanna follow your blog but you don't seem to have any such functions available here.