Saturday, December 17, 2011

Haji Maksah Barkat Chahya Nasi Lemak

Nasi Lemak

The name above is a bit of a mouthful, which may be why this place is probably more commonly known as Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak (221 Boon Lay Place #01-106). I'm not exactly any nasi lemak expert, but I can see why this place is so highly regarded. The chili sauce was spicy, the rice was fluffy, and most strikingly, the ikan bilis was as light as air.

And while the one of the fried chicken pieces that I got was disappointingly cold, having cumin in the batter was a nice touch. Indeed, I liked this ensemble enough that I went back for seconds. I'm not planning to be out in Jurong again anytime soon, but if I do, I'll be stopping by here. Hopefully that lei cha fan place that I noticed on the way out will be worth a try too.

2 comments:

yf said...

The lei cha fan here is worth every cent of the $3.50 it costs, with a choice of brown or white rice. Have tried at least 6 other places, and none can compare.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

that lei cha fan is very different from the others out there and in my opinion, is better than the rest. i tink u will like it alot! they're always sold out very fast, people pack takeaways for their workers in Jurong + Tuas.