Saturday, November 05, 2011

Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh, Rangoon Road

Bak Kut Teh

My perception may be a bit skewed seeing how it's been ages since I've had any bak kut teh, but I loved this place (208 Rangoon Road, 6291-4537). The pork was tender and full of tasty fat while the broth was peppery and fuller in flavor than I recall Founder and Ya Hua to be. I thought I detected an extra herb in there, but it was so mild that it wasn't anything like the Malaysian version.

I'll easily come back here, especially since they have a wide selection of leaves to use in your kungfu tea. They recommended xiao yue gan, which had a delicately sweet aftertaste to it. If the pork broth doesn't bring me back here, then the tea leaves will. I just have to remember that this is more of a breakfast place than one for a late night snack given its 7 AM - 10 PM hours.

1 comment:

B.Lo said...

I like your blog, it's one of my favorites! I'm hungry !