Saturday, September 10, 2011

Surprising Satisfaction with Horizon Air

Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy Herbal Tea on Horizon Air

Until this past run up to Portland, I'd never flown Alaska Airlines nor Horizon Air before. With a fleet of all propeller-based planes serving its regional network, I wasn't getting my hopes up either.

But I've gotta say that I was pretty impressed with it all. The service was friendly and efficient (I love the simultaneous deplaning from two doors and the fast "ala cart" carry-on retrieval), and they had a great added touch of serving local wine and beer at no charge.

Granted, this photo shows a Good Earth herbal tea instead, but I liked how uniquely and naturally sweet that stuff was without requiring any sugar. The little bits of corn in the snack mix also put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Mojo_HK said...

If you're flying back through SFO, check out Shalimar for kebabs. I would recommend the one up in Fremont - have not been to the one in the city for some time:

http://www.shalimarsf.com/locations.htm

I would highly recommend the beef Seekh Kebabs, the Lahori chicken and some naan. Saag gosht isn't bad too. Avoid the nihari/haleem.

And head down to Curry Up Now in San Mateo:

http://www.curryupnow.com/restaurant/

Get a kathi roll (chicken), the deconstructed samosa and goat curry with rice. A cool California evening will make this good go down real easy.