Monday, April 18, 2011

Li Da Xuan Sha Cha Mian, Xiamen

Sha Cha Mian

This was a bit of an adventure. When I told the hotel check-in desk about that great shacha noodle that I had earlier today for lunch, they suggested that I go to another shop, which they wrote down on a piece of paper. I thus went there after my afternoon meeting for a quick dinner, but it turned out to be closed. After a number of twists and turns, the cabbie finally took me here as a fallback (59 East Jiangtou Road, 552-9058)‎, which he said has been around since he was a kid.

It once again took me a second to figure out the system. The guy finally opened up this cooler where a variety of meat and offal sat on ice for you to choose from. I picked a few relatively tame items and let him have at it. Their version turned out to be less punchy than I was hoping for, but nonetheless I still drank that savory dark soup until it was dry. And it was all for only 15 RMB (US$2.30).

No comments: