Friday, February 11, 2011

A Quick Stop at Super Taqueria

From front: lengua taco, carnitas taco, and horchata

I had to rush to the airport this morning so I didn't have enough time to get breakfast at the shop that I wanted to go to. So I made a quick stop at Super Taqueria instead, a small South Bay chain that I used to enjoy but hadn't been to in a while.

I don't know if it was just because I'd forgotten what this place was like, or if it was because my perception has been skewed by all of those taco trucks lately, but I was a bit let down today. The meat in my tacos wasn't as exciting as I would have hoped, and I wasn't a huge fan of their tortillas either.

And much fun as that salsa bar may be, it also reminded me of some of those "fresh Mex" places like Baja Fresh or Una Mas. I thus don't know if I'd go out of my way to come back here again, but at least it was still a hundred times more Mexican than Taco Bell.

No comments: