Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nantsuttei's Karamiso "Nosebleed" Tanmen

Kara-miso Ramen Mouretsu Tanmen Hana-ji Boo

I haven't been to Nantsuttei in ages. It's definitely one of the better shops around town, but it to me it's never been nearly as unique as its neighbor Keisuke, where I almost always ended up instead. But with Keisuke having dropped its ebi ramen, something in the back of my head thought it might be a good idea to turn the other way this afternoon to see if there were anything interesting at Nantsuttei.

Indeed, they've started started offering a karamiso tanmen, complete with four degrees of spiciness and some kind of verbiage involving a fierce nosebleed, if I read it correctly. I went for a #2 ("moderately hot"), which turned out to be hardly spicy at all...and it definitely wasn't anything as uniquely edgy as Kusabi's gekikara ramen. Well, to be fair, the broth was still of high quality; so much that I still got a bowl of rice later to help mop up the remains.

Next time I'll be sure to escalate this to a #3 or #4, as well as remember to tell them to cook the noodles firmer, as this one was way too disappointingly soft. That golden curry ramen and maybe even dragon ramen that I saw them promoting might be interesting too. And oh yeah - next time I'll have to remember to ask for the nori topping; one of the bowls coming out of the kitchen this afternoon had at least five enticing sheets of seaweed adorning it.

No comments: