Saturday, April 03, 2010

Nantsuttei, Millenia Walk, Singapore

Negi Ramen

If that looks like a huge pile of onions in that bowl, that's because it is. And what perhaps was even more pronounced at this shop was the garlic. The gyoza was practically stuffed with garlic, while one could also request a raw garlic press to go along with the ramen like I did. Thus, the main impression that I have of this Japanese chain's new outlet at the new PARCO Marina Bay in Singapore (9 Raffles Boulevard #P3-06, 6337-7166) comes down to garlic and onions.

Well, one can have a less pungent experience by getting the basic bowl without all of those onions on top. And even if that black oil on top is garlic-based, it was actually rather mild. Actually, one of the things I liked the most about this place was that the tonkotsu broth was very easy on the sodium, and yet was still rich and savory enough to enjoy thoroughly. I'll easily come back (despite the chashu being too lean for my taste), as long as I don't have to interact with any other human beings afterwards.

No comments: