Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trader Vic's Tikka Chicken Breast on United

Tikka Chicken Breast with Warm Mango Chutney, Raisin Rice Pilaf, and Edamame Bean Stir-Fry

It's time for more Trader Vic's on United. I went for this chicken breast, which was seasoned more nicely than I expected. But that mango chutney, raisin rice, and edamame stir fry were just too weird and tacky for me. It was in many ways my greatest fear about food from this pseudo-Polynesian restaurant. The first meal may have proven me wrong, but this meal proved me right. I should have listened to myself: eat a full meal at Narita before boarding a flight back to Singapore on United.

Perhaps the bigger letdown was the plane that was parked at our boarding gate. My heart just sank when I saw that 777, as I forgot that United was still using the old school business class seats on this leg. My inbox was overflowing with work and I had planned to use the full 6-7 hours to crank away at a laptop, which would not be possible anymore given the old power outlets. Crap - what a huge loss of productivity. As much as I love routing through Narita for the food and facilities, I need to remember to route through HK next time in order to get the new seats with normal power outlets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't been visiting for awhile and wow, you're still traveling on business class? What do you do?Green with envy. Anyways, keep up the great food blogs. Was in SF and had the best burritos and faijitas at Puerto Alegre in Mission and the best grilled chicken sarnie at Noe Valley Deli owned by this old Greek couple. We need that here in Spore...