Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trotter's UA Beef Short Rib...But Differently

Soy and tamarind glazed beef short rib with a crispy potato cake and baby bok choy tossed in sesame vinaigrette

Today's Charlie Trotter selection on United was this "soy and tamarind glazed beef short rib." When I first saw it, I was pretty bummed as it just reminded me of those cuts of filet mignon that United used to serve so much. But when I finally cut into it, I realized that this wasn't anything like that. It was so tender that it just fell apart, and the tamarind sauce provided a welcome bit of tangy-ness that I really enjoyed, especially when complemented with that potato on the side. Yum.

It was only afterwards that I realized that my last Charlie Trotter meal on United was also some form of beef short rib...but prepared differently. Either way, I'm liking this Charlie Trotter arrangement. And in contrast with the previous times, the flavors in this meal were done perfectly rather than being overloaded.

No comments: