Friday, December 12, 2008

Gänsebraten mit Rotkohl on Lufthansa

Gänsebraten mit Rotkohl, Kartoffelklößen, und Kräuterschmelze

Interesting. I didn't realize that roast goose was a big thing in German cuisine, but apparently it is a year-end holiday dish like turkey in the US. And fortunately, they were serving it on Lufthansa tonight. With the gravy, sweet red cabbage, and potato dumplings on the side, it definitely tasted more like American turkey, cranberries, and mashed potatoes than any Cantonese roast goose. I enjoyed it either way, especially having just gotten a taste of a German Christmas festival just a few hours prior.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis dish lks sOOOOOOO YUMMMYYY~~!!!!

Anonymous said...

don't you ever get sick? esp eating at those street stalls?
r u in germany still?
I'm in Holland in a town near the German border.

Anonymous said...

Usually airline food (and for that matter most buffets) are not too apealing to me. But that food looks great. I guess because I love the combination of potato cakes, pickled beets or cabbage, and any dark meat poultry with gravy. Reminds me of when I was a kid, growing up in the south. All it lacks is a glass of iced tea.