Friday, July 18, 2008

Charlie Trotter on United

Orange and ginger duck leg confit and soba noodle salad, jicama, and organic ginger-soy-hijiki sauce

This was a nice change. Today's menu on United was designed by Charlie Trotter, and I liked every bit of it. The duck leg confit and soba noodle salad was refreshingly light yet tasty thanks to the ginger-soy-hijiki concoction on the side, while the herb-rubbed chicken breast was tender and played a suitable role against the richness of the morel risotto as well as the tartness of the olive-caper sauce. I'm really liking this celebrity chef thing on airlines; I liked this meal so much that it has easily motivated me to go try his proper restaurants next time I'm in Chicago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That soba dish looks miles better than any other mile high meal I've ever had. Simple. Height. Why don't we normlly get height? Oh right, they serve them in those trays usually.

Anonymous said...

Very cool!
Is this food for United business class? *envy you*