Monday, January 14, 2008

La Nonna, Holland Village, Singapore

Pizza La Nonna

Here's another Italian place that has popped up in Holland Village (26 Lorong Mambong, 6468-1982). It's apparently part of the Senso group, and in fact sits on the former grounds of Spizza, another member of its family. Fittingly, were told that the thin crust pizza was good here, so we grabbed their namesake pizza to start.

It came with a still mildly runny egg in the center, which I hoped would transform the taste of the thing. But it tasted only like it sounded: a sunny side up egg on top of a pizza. I wasn't quite used to finding asparagus in my pizza either, but alas, it still tasted fine in the end given all of the cheese shavings on top. The fish that I got as my main course was much tastier than it looked too. I probably won't be getting many cravings for this place though.

1 comment:

Sniffly Kitty said...

You should try La Pizzaiola in Holland Village Blk 43. I believe it's started by the wife of the chef of Pizza de Donato, but don't quote me on this one. I make this conjecture because the pizza is thin crust taste but has more dough than a thin crust normally has which you may or may not like given that you're not really a bread person. The prices are very reasonable, and the quality of the toppings for the pizza are very good although the atmosphere may leave much to be desired. I haven't tried the pasta so I can't comment on that.