Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pho 99 Vietnamese Delights, Singapore

Pho Nam

Whoa - here is another Vietnamese place that has popped up in the CBD (58 Amoy Street). It was better than I thought it would be; even though the stingy volume of bean sprouts were pre-placed into the bowl, they provided a hearty amount of basil and even cuts of saw-leaf herb. The broth was not too cinnamon-y, and the goi cuon were fresh. And they even boasted of Trung Nguyen branded coffee from Vietnam!

What a change Singapore has seen in Vietnamese food lately. Just a couple years ago I was whining about the lack of Vietnamese places around here, and these days they are practically everywhere. Either that, or I just never knew that these places existed.

4 comments:

Shilpa said...

Hey eatbma, I don't think it had anything to do with you not knowing about these places. I do remember looking high and low for Vietnamese places, too, when I was still living in S'pore back in 2001, so thanks for scouting them out, since I'm moving back soon!

Anonymous said...

Seriously.. i can 't wait to get home to try it.. ;)

J-Playeur / ジェイ・プレーヤー said...

hey man. i just randomly dropped by your blog, also from california and working in s'pore. i saw this pho 99 place near my office and gotta give this a try. and it was only a year ago when i thought vietnamese food here is pretty hopeless. but the trend is rapidly moving in.

mituk77 said...

Thank you for this! I've recently had a hankering for some Viet food and now I know where to start...