Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bishamon Sapporo Ramen, Great World City

Special Miso Ramen

I was kinda looking forward to the opening of this new place (1 Kim Seng Promenade #01-21B, 6235-2890), but wasn't so excited after seeing how they finally presented themselves. Well, seeing that they claimed to hail from Sapporo, I appropriately grabbed the Special Miso Ramen, and the good thing is that it was tastier than I thought it would be. They kept the noodles satisfyingly firm too.

But alas, I won't be making any extra effort to come back, in large part just because I'm more partial to Kyushu ramen than Sapporo (miso ramen usually strikes me as excessively salty). Too bad that their gyoza wasn't even available tonight either. If anything, this just reminded me that a visit to Miharu is long overdue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just went to Bishamon a few days ago. this place strikes me as a Miharu imitation haha.

I also had the Miso Special. It tastes somewhat like the one at Miharu (soup and noodles are similar), but Miharu's garlicky kick gives it the edge in my opinion. Miharu's noodles also seem to have a smoother and more enjoyable texture too.

Overall this is still good and I won't complain if someone brings me here again, but my vote still goes for Miharu.

By the way, there's a new Okinawan place open at Gallery Hotel (Mimigar's the name), another new jap place to check out.

DL

Kell Ch@n said...

Have you tried theirs yet?

http://kellchan.blogspot.com/2007/08/picture-speaks-thousand-words.html

Anonymous said...

Hello there, give Ramen Santouka at Central a go....would be interesting to see your review!