Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ferdosi Persian Restaurant, Arab Street

Meat Mix Kebab

After a failed attempt last time, I finally made it down here tonight (34 Arab Street, 6298-8365). I grabbed my usual koobideh (or the "meat mix kebab," as the menu stated) and dough, both of which turned out better than I thought they would be, with a super buttery rice and a nice thin refreshing dough.

Despite this, my preference is easily for Banoo instead. The koobideh here not only came out slightly cold, but was also very small (I should ask if they have an upgrade option like Banoo does). The diced cucumber and tomato garnish on the plate was a bit pointless, but at least they did bring out some raw onions when I asked for it.

Well, that's just nitpicking. In the end, my belly still left satisfied. And these guys do have one huge advantage over Banoo: they serve food until 3 AM (it's obvious that a huge part of their business is for the shisha crowd, like Cafe Le Caire across the street). I'll probably be back again many times as a result.

No comments: