Saturday, June 09, 2007

Chanko Nabe from Yoyogi, Mohamed Sultan

Chanko Nabe

Watching a recording of last week's Japan Hour this afternoon got us thinking about nabemono, so we headed down to Yoyogi (33 Mohamed Sultan Road, 6887-4669) tonight and grabbed a big pot of chanko nabe. I'm not exactly a pro in this stuff (nor am I that big of a fan of nabemono in general...shabu shabu aside of course), but stewing all of the fresh and healthy ingredients in the ever-so-mildly sweet broth was generally agreeable. Gotta love the flavor of those garlic cloves sitting in there too.

The portions were huge though, such that I could hardly even make it to the rice at the end. But I'm unfortunately on already my way to getting a sumo wrestler-sized belly without this, so it's probably good that I couldn't completely finish this one off.

No comments: