Thursday, December 14, 2006

UA Econ Class Chicken Teriyaki

UA Econ Class Chicken Teriyaki

As feared, my upgrade request was denied again on this full leg (I suspect that these 777s to DC simply don't have as much capacity as the old 747s they use out of HK?). But the silver lining in all of this is that the economy class meals were a nice break from the usual filet mignon in business class. Today, I grabbed the chicken teriyaki option, which turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Sure, it was a tad on the dry side, and the sauce could have used more punch, but the lightness of the chicken combined with the carbs of the rice underneath satiated my belly instantly. They even included some of that red pickled ginger a la Yoshinoya.

Cool. Keep it coming. I even ate the fluffy carrot cake (no, not the salty Chinese white carrot cake, but the sweet Western red carrot cake dessert), which says a lot coming from a guy who never really liked the stuff. Now if only I could get into a more comfortable sleeping position...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u just come back from tokyo too ?

i had exactly the same thing about 7 hours ago.. was on the ua803

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa, that really reminded me of wanton noodles in Sg. :)