Thursday, December 21, 2006

Trying Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá

Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá

Here's a quick plate of some Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá that I picked up this afternoon at some random Copacabana beachside spot before leaving. I figured that I've never really eaten much Portuguese food, so why not give it a shot at a former Portuguese colony instead?

CaipirinhaThis pretty much tasted as I expected it would: salty fish, but not like the Chinese variety where there is a bit of stank to give it some more character. This was just straightforwardly salty, without much else to carry it along (and the inconsistent texture of it wasn't encouraging either). It still tasted fine with the egg, potatoes, and olives, but I probably won't go out of my way to get this again. Or maybe this was just a bad rendition of it, and I should just go to Portugal directly to give it a try. At least the caipirinhas here were some of the best that I've had on this trip.

No comments: